In today's society, elder Texans and their families face increasingly complex decisions about legal and financial matters. Appropriate planning can prevent personal and family crisis from occurring when health deteriorates and the need for long-term care arises. We serve the elderly, caregivers, and those who wish to plan for their choices and values to be honored.
An unfortunate reality today is that many of our clients face expensive medical needs, such as care in a nursing home, assisted living facility or at home. Payne & Truitt will work with financial planners and other advisors to provide for the needs of our elder clients while also conserving the estate as much as possible. We seek to provide peace of mind for our clients and their families.
Here are a few of the services we provide our clients and their families:
- Probate and estate administration;
- Real estate transactions with life estates, transfers on death or gift deeds;
- Estate planning for individuals and couples;
- Estate planning in conjunction with financial planners and accountants that considers tax issues;
- Wills with contingent trusts for minors or for other purposes;
- Management trusts to ease financial administration burdens or to avoid Guardianships;
- Special Needs Trusts for family members with disabilities;
- Power of Attorney Agent and Guardianship advisory;
- Alternatives to Probate, such as beneficiary designations, trusts, and probates as muniment of title;
- Consultations regarding legal and financial planning for long term care; and
- Referrals to related geriatric services.
We are committed to meeting your needs and being the name you trust in Elder Law.