Modifying a Divorce Decree

Portions of a divorce decree or a final order in suit relationship (SAPCR) involving children’s issues are subject to modification in the future based on a material and substantial change of circumstances and if the modification is in the best interest of the children.

If the parent paying child support experiences an increase in earning power or a decrease in earning power, or if the financial needs of the children increase, there could be grounds to modify child support. The rights and duties allocated between parents can be modified, as well as custody, periods of possession and access, and parenting plans.

If you think you have a valid reason to modify a portion of a decree involving children issues, the attorneys with PP&T can discuss your concerns and work with you to determine if there is justification to file a motion to modify. We have attorneys that are well-qualified to advise you on whether your divorce decree or a final order in suit affecting parent-child relationship (SAPCR) can be modified.